Sorry, you are not old enough to visit this website

To visit our website, you must be of legal age to buy and use our produtcs in your country of residence. If there is no such legislation, you declare to be aged 21 years old or more.
Alcohol abuse is dangerous for your health. Please drink our products responsibly

Château de la Maltroye

A family-owned domaine combining experience, knowledge and skills in the production of Givry wines and Crémants de Bourgogne

Jean-Pierre Cournut took over the family business after the death of his father in 1993; Chassagne-Montrachet then found itself with another talented wine producer. Under his management, their wines came to represent the pinnacle of excellence from the area. Château de la Maltroye's vineyards are made up of 16 ha of Chassagne-Montrachet and Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru, plus 2 ha of Santenay 1er Cru. It offers a total of 12 different Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Crus, making it the biggest owner of Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Crus on the same domaine. 65% of its production is made up of Chardonnay and the remaining 35% is Pinot Noir. In order to preserve their excellent quality, the grapes are picked by hand and placed into small cases and sorted with the utmost care. It practices the traditional method of vinification using new, modern equipment, including a pneumatic press. For the white wines, they encourage the development of natural yeasts, and for the red wines, they carry out a cold maceration before starting the alcoholic fermentation. The red wines undergo between 14 to 18 months of ageing in 228-litre Burgundy oak barrels and the white wines are aged for 8 to 10 months. The wines are bottled in the Château's old 15th-century cellars.